duranike,

1) Alright, the Limited has the trip computer the changer, and all the geegaws, it's basically a 945A (2nd trim level on the XLT) that's been hopped up quite a bit.
2) To make this box fit nicely in your vehicle, I would say by far the best (if not the least painful) way is to do it yourself. All of the parts should be available from RadShack, DigiKey, Mouser Electronics, or Blackbox. Once you get the wiring working, it's a matter of putting it in a container than fits wherever you're going to hide it. The eletrical tape is just a bit more insurance from bumps/rubs/jerks/etc put on the wires. It's another level of protection and can make any exposed joints look a bit better (if not less noticable).
3) To run anything into the ashtray, you are going to need to drill. Likewise with behind the dash itself (unless you run the wires up one of the ventilation ducts to the front of the dash). You *can* pull the ashtray (give it a good yank) and drill through the plastic underneath, then replace the ashtray if you ever get rid of the vehicle, and no one will be the wiser. Most wires could even just be tucked an inch or two under the edge of the plastic of the center console (down where it turns into carpeting), or kind of pushed out of the way. The easiest way to do this is to make the wires *real* long then cut them to the length you need. It's really hard to cut wires longer.
4) I was saying that just the button would go into the ashtray, the rest of the box would be hidden somewhere else.
5) a) Good, you can futz with the ashtray. b) Hmm, no roof mount then.
6) Where to put the thing...Well, roof's out, not real visible from the front, and the sunroof puts a real damper on that idea anyway. In the dash? No, that's a permanent hole. On the dash in a custom enclosure? Hmm, that might look *very* nice if it's done well, but it is also *very* visible. Even in an enclosure, I would still worry about the sun beating down on it, ever left something on the dashboard? It still gets real hot, even if it's sheltered, I would be *real* careful with that. There is one more option, and I think it's been mentioned before...You could mount the unit itself under the rear bench, or in the far back, somewhere out of sight, and do this. Get an RF relay, and use the receiver to grab the IR commands from the remote. The first relay would be an IR receiver and RF transmitter which would then broadcast the commands to another relay mounted right in front of the empeg unit itself. This relay would be an RF receiver and IR transmitter which would then broadcast the commands right to the empeg, as if the remote itself was right in front of the unit. I really have no idea about the details of this, but I do remember it being mentioned on this board somewhere, try asking Dominic perhaps? I dunno.
7) Sure, you can put the stickers on, just make sure you let me know where you park it, ok? Be a bud, leave the keys in it too. ;)

Festus