Here I come and I am going to tell you straight up that this idea of switches and things is just not going to work. Sure it may work mechanically and sound may come out, but its going to be the worst thing that you will ever do. If you are going to pay all the money for an expensive mp3 system to be in your car, you really don't want some 2 dollar eyesore switch that you constantly have to play with. I have installed many stereos and have a top of the line system my self, and when I think about switches that you need to change to control different inputs I only think of 2 words. sloppy instalation (moderated comment even if no harm was meant. Ed.). Trust me, You will just find it a complete pain in the ass to have ugly and annoying switches floatign around your car. Take a sacrafice and get rid of the tape player, install the empeg in the din slot the tape deck was in, tapes are far inferior now, I am not trying to be rude, I just don't want you to make the costly mistake of doing all this sloppy work and having your car look like a joke, you will never see any professional installer use a switch like the one that these people are describing. Just go to a custom stereo installer that will do the job and do a good job of it, for the investment its far more worth it. I would stay away from Best Buy and other large chains, they do not have the experiance with custom work. I also live in the LA area and I do know a very good stereo instillation place that does show quality systems, feel free to email me if you would like more information.