(1)Its a Ford Explorer 96, v8, xlt, limited, 4 door. It has every custom gadget known to man kind. I dont know if its a 94A or whatever.
(2)Yeah, I have sodered before and Im starting to realize that I can do this, Ive made stuff life tape players and crap from little kits. But the question is, do I buy a kit or am I on my own to either copy one of radio shacks or make my own from some magazine. The part about the electrical tape, I can just tape it over the sodered connections?
(3)When you are talking about making all these connections that go to the fog lighter and in ash tray, how do I get everything all connected there without like having wires hanging out everywhere. Do I have to drill into my explorer and take everything apart. Now, as much as Im down to do anything for anything, I love taking stuff apart and making everything looking perfect, my parents, the sole owners and insurance payers would flip out thinking that I just decided one day to start ripping my exlplorer apart with no prepration.
(4)The best so far sounds like the ash tray, are you saying though that the whole switch box goes in the ashtray, or just the button
(5)No, I dont smoke. Yes I have a moonroof/sunroof.
(6)Ok, I still have a dilema with where to put my damn empeg. I like the creative idea of putting it on the roof, that would look sweet from the back!! But, I would have to reach up there to either push the buttons and or aim the controller, plus, if I wanted to read the diplay info on the song or slightly watch the colors as I drive (citizens beware!!), it would be too hard. What about this idea. Could I mount it on my dashboard directly above my stereo and air vents. I could like put some kind of covering over it, prefably the same as the dashboard, to protect from the sun. This way, clear to see, should be secure, and yes, for the final jepordy, it is protected from the sun. But, very visible for car thieves, and is it even possible to mount something up there? For the thieves i could have some kind of sliding door that covers the opening of the container! that would be cool but probably just one more thing to do that i dont know how to do.
(7)side comment, i was wondering. I heard that the empeg was coming with like bumper and or window stickers for your car saying empeg. If someone put this on thier car, it would be like a moving target to break into. :)
Thanks again
-Jordan