With all of the praise for the DirecTivo units, I wanted to re-iterate one drawback they have:

DirecTivo units currently have only the two satellite tuners. They do not have over-the-air tuning capability. So if you want to Tivo your local stations, you must pay DirecTV an additional $4.00 per month for the "local channel package", i.e., paying them to re-broadcast the local stations back to you that you already get with rabbit ears.

Now, by default, most of the subscription packages you see quoted on the DirecTV site already include that $4.00 for the local channels. So if you're deciding based on those prices, then you're already golden.

But since network television sucks so bad these days (i.e., there's not a lot of stuff on network TV I'm crazy about having on the Tivo), I'm choosing to save that four bucks and I'm only Tivo-ing the satellite channels.

Still, $99.00 for a DirecTivo system with the two satellite tuners is a no-brainer decision for many. Hard to beat. Remember to get a dish with more than one output so you can use both tuners. If you want to upgrade to high-def eventually, you'll want the dish with three LNB antennas and multiple outputs.