I don't have a Tivo, but I do have a Microsoft 2004 Media Center. Not as many TV features, but you can schedule shows (sometimes you get repeats), you can't record two things at once, I have a 120 gig hard drive in mine. It's a full featured DVD player, if you have a DVD burner installed with myDVD you can burn recorded programs straight to DVD, the guide data is free, and it even has downloadable games... and they are free too. I'm hooked on Gem Master...You can pause live TV, and has a lot of other features too. Set up your music directory and you've got a full featured music center, and also plays downloaded video.

The beauty of all that is, the hardware you need doesn't cost more then 150 bucks and a decent PC.... I went a little crazy and bought a shuttle, the TV card, and MMC remote... but it certainly has changed my viewing habits....

Also... it is a PC so you can network it and share all your recorded shows. It is in a MS format, but the format is high quality and easily converted with freely available utils...

Edited by lopan (11/11/2003 13:32)