Within a week she had 20 season passes set up all by herself, and was able to search for upcoming programs she was interested in
Ditto. I didn't even show Kelly how to use the Tivo features and when i came home yesterday she said she'd setup a season pass for ER, watched a recorded episode, and deleted it already. My little geeky heart fluttered. hahah.

Internet show sharing. Miss recording something for some reason? Head to planetreplay.com and post a request, and watch as your Replay unit gets this show from their unit.
THAT is a killer feature. That's like having on demand TV for real. It IS having on demand TV.

What is the status of being able to extract shows from Series2 DirecTivos? I thought i'd seen threads on how to at least get shell and adding TivoWeb... i just haven't had time to investigate further.

So questions for you DirecTivo owners... have any of you hacked them at all? What is possible at this point?

Oh, and another quicky thread stealin' question... I'm having problems with some season passes. Specifically one for the Daily show, where i've set it to only record first runs, it records all 4 shows daily despite them being identical. Then there's Family Guy, which airs once a day with a different episode daily. The season pass for that is set to the middle setting... can't remember the exact wording, but it should record them all. But when i go to the recording history screen it shows that it won't record them because they are duplicates, despite being all different episodes. SO... what exactly does the Tivo use as the deciding factor one what is a duplicate/first run etc? phew...