Football players don't glorify violence, drug-dealing, gun-toting or homicide.

You're right, they don't. They do something much worse. They make all of it acceptable. And they do that by being let off with fines and apologies where a normal citizen would go to jail.

Rap constantly glorifies all of these things.

II can't disagree strongly enough. Yes, a lot of hip-hop and mainstream top 40 rap has a foul message. But I find that most "ghetto" rap tends to have a fairly positive message, though usually voiced in a rougher manner than some may care for.

This discussion will last a week, the terror attack discussions will last for years. I don't think that's a fair comparison.

Ok. Note that I said "as IF it were a terror attack". This was meant to convey the point that it seemed to me that people were discussing the incident as if it were of the most dire importance, instead of being a matter of a woman showing the pinched up melanin rich nodule of skin at the tip of her breast.

The only thing I've seen happen in the past ten years is that you can now say "[censored]" and "bitch" and so on on TV, you can show people getting blown up or mowed down by gunfire, but even Discovery channel has to blur out the breasts of native peoples in their documentaries.

Oh, yeah, and we've become more comfortable with nudity.

Give me a break. Americans glorify violence and villify the human body. Talk about backwards.....