Let's just say it involved some creativity with a utility knife, a coat hanger, two sets of hands and some strategically-wrapped duct tape.

Ever see Pinky and The Brain? "Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?" "I think so, Brain, but where are we going to get a utility knife, a coat hanger, and duct tape at this time of night?"

umm ... exactly how do I step through the frequencies instead of scan? I'll read the friendly manual again

Button Guide

Now if I can just find a decent-looking blank faceplate for the open space where the unit normally goes. :-)

Part number 37 on this page is what I used to cover the DIN hole in my Honda. Looks fantastic, as if there were no stereo installed at all.

Note that it will take a tiny bit of trimming with an X-acto knife. You need to slightly modify the plastic tabs which snap it into place. On mine, it took some very tiny modifications but now it snaps perfectly into place in the sled.

I may also want to wedge something under the docking sled too, so that it stays level with respect to the plastic install kit.

I used a metal bracket, one of those metal straps with the holes in it, and attached it to the screw hole in the rear center of the sled. This is in addition to drilling holes in the sides of the sled so I could screw it directly to the stereo mounting frame. Mounting the sled solidly is pretty important, jerry-rigging it will only give you grief in the long run.