Exactly. "Tuner in tray violates stealth rule."

That and my wife uses that tray.

She likes the concept. She doesn't care for the faceplate design, from what I can tell. I did show her the radio (which she'll probably use more initially), and Paul gave me an idea to take all ber Beatles CDs and make a random playlist for her out of that ... that oughta help.

Meanwhile, I got the low-clearance (read - flat) screws (1/4" and #10 to be safe) to try and attach this to the original bracket from the car.

The gotcha? The original pocket attaches to the ORIGINAL headunit! So I'd have to cut two slits in the empeg tray as well.

Not only that, but the bracket is really two pieces, one on each side. So instead of fitting the bracket over the empeg and measuring where the holes will go, I may need to duct tape it together temporarily, fit it in the space, and figure it out that way. But even then, w/o having the dash back in place, I have no way of knowing if it will be flush when I put the dash back. I guess I can try and measure the bracket with the existing headunit attached and see if I can map it over to the sled somehow.

Fun ... well, not really. But let's see ...