Well, last Thursday I had a local shop install the tweeters and crossovers.

I specifically instructed them to make the install stealth, to not disturb any existing wiring in any way, but rather to augment it with separate wiring - that way I can easily make things "factory fresh" should the need ever arise, and to please use care with placing the wires back in the dash, keeping them to the sides and not directly behind the tray.

They pretty much didn't pay a bit of attention to any of this.

The tweeters went in, but they snipped off the AMP connectors on the existing wiring, then covered the bare wire with electrical tape.

They ran new wire from the tweeters - not to the door, as I suggested, but to the headunit area, where they proceeded to snip the existing wiring on the harness and route the crossovers through that location instead. Strike two.

They did manage to connect the antenna amplifier to the proper lead, but I still don't see any improvement. I know there's a software issue FITNR but even switching to/from player and tuner isn't helping. I'll check this a bit more closely - I have the specs for the amp unit if anyone is curious.

In the process of putting the empeg back, they crammed a bunch of the wires against the back of the sled.

While riding in the car a few days later, I noticed the left rear speaker wasn't getting any signal (the amp wiring is fine).

And, to top it all off, the floor was a mess of tiny little wire pieces and whatnot.

No, friends, there's no way I'm recommending these folks to anyone ever again. (To think they came recommended ... hmm ... looks like it was a rush job in any event. Lesson learned.)