Okay this is THE BUSINESS.

I'm on my couch typing this with an apple bluetooth keyboard, with the bluetooth wireless LED mouse next to me. The thing tracks great on the couch cushion. The internet connection is a secure WPA link to my DSL modem. Finding the wireless adapter's MAC address (for my DSL modem's exclusion list) and inputting the wireless WPA key worked flawlessly the first time. This is really REALLY cool.

The industrial design of this Mac Mini, and the mouse and keyboard I'm using, is fantastic. There are lots of tiny little touches that make this stuff so very cool. Like the DVI-to-VGA adapter has the attachment screws made in a very cute way, they're more like little scroll wheels than twisty-knobs. And the way the power cord plugs into the power brick is cool, how it goes flush with the casing when it's plugged all the way in.

The only problem is the VGA input on my TV accepts only a brain-damaged subset of screen resolutions on the VGA cable, none of which are proper 16:9 resolution. I guess I'm going to have to use the Mac Mini on the TV's DVI input instead, which will accept a better range of screen rezzes. That means the high def Tivo goes Component, which really isn't so bad now that I think about it. I'll probably do that work tomorrow morning some time.

Haven't tried playing any videos on this machine yet. How does one use a Mac to connect to a Windows share on the LAN?