Quote:
Quote:
with how Windows operates, it would still be an unintiutive action for the enter key, which is generally used to perform actions, usually the same actions as the left mouse button. switching up the use of the key would be confusing. F2, on the other hand, is used in many applications as a rename key (I use it in Excel all the time).

?

Apple shortcuts are unintuitive because someone else does it differently? I can understand the argument that it would be difficult for you to transistion, but claiming that they're inherently unintuitive is disingenuous.

That's not what I said. At least, that's not what I meant. I appologize, I'm not getting enough sleep this week and I can't seem to get my thoughts out straight.

Forget any comparing to Windows. My complaint, in this specific instance, was that the behavior of the enter key as the keystroke for renaming a file is unintuitive. However, I have a question: is it generally the case that, in the rest of the OS, the enter key is used to rename items? If that is not the case, then I find this to be a poor use for that key. If the same key performs completely unrelated actions depending on the context, I find that unintuitive. But remember, I'm only talking about this one key, and just on MacOS. I am not saying that the entire OS is unintuitive. I'm certainly not saying that there is no unintuitive behavior on a Windows OS (that would be impossible to claim).

So that's enough of this crazy debate over a tiny thing like how the enter key behaves. I appologize for going all crazy on it. It's just that I generally pride myself in at least being able to get around Windows quicker than most (my boss and coworkers are always pretty impressed), so little things like shortcuts and keyboard actions are extremely important to me.

THAT SAID...

Tom, thank you very much for informing me of that Mac Mini trial. You are correct, no amount of convincing here could make me interested in a Mac because I'm actually already interested! Really, I am! If it weren't for the money issue, this program probably would have tipped me over the edge already.

The problem is, even after a trial, I still wouldn't be able to justify the expense. I don't have much money to spend on something like this right now. I'm saving up to buy an apartment, and any disposable income goes to either my social life or tech stuff that I see an immediate need for. Therefore, my next PC purchase will remain a PC, as it is more cost effective. I can update my computer now for FAR less money than buying a whole new compareable Mac.

Again, sorry for all the annoying posts about enter keys