Quote:
You could go to eCheck's web site and click on "Un-installing eCheck".

Doing so produced no effect. When I clicked on that link, the screen didn't change. It's almost as if the scripting on the web site didn't work with Mac Safari. I was rather frustrated by that.

Anyway, I figured out how to uninstall it by going into the more detailed screens of the dashboard (clicking on the plus sign).

Quote:
Give the guy a bug report.

I'm pretty sure the problems I'm having fall under his descriptions of known issues. But anyway, the program really sucked to begin with. Based on the errors the program was having, I got the impression that it was coded up rather sloppily, and I don't think bug fixes are going to solve the root problem of the way he architected the thing.

Case in point. One of the errors was that it was having trouble parsing the headers in Hotmail and displaying the unread count. Instead of there just being an "x" or some other error icon in the unread count, the entire user interface filled up with words like "NAN" (not a number) and "Unable to Parse". These words caused the other parts of the user interface (such as other mail accounts that it COULD parse) scroll off the bottom and be unreachable with the mouse.

Just knowing that he coded it in such a way as to allow out-of-range server return values to cause his entire screen to become unsusable means that I don't have confidence that the program is going to get any better.

In the meantime...

That instant messenger client lets me launch an AppleScript function when it detects new mail at Hotmail or Yahoo. Any chance I could just program it do do the same thing that Trillian does in the same situation (launch Yahoo / Hotmail and log in for me)? Anyone know where would I get started learning how to do that in AppleScript?