Yes, that's the more common thing if you are navigating with the mouse, but if you have your right hand on the keyboard where the enter/return key is located, chances are that you got to that directory with the arrow keys.

The way I operate, I usually have my left hand firmly planted while using the computer. It may move slightly to reach some keys (function keys, perhaps), but otherwise it's either sitting on ASDF or layed somewhere aroung those keys. The right hand is the workout hand. It's the one I see as performing double duty on the mouse/keyboard/numpad.

That's how I operate, but I suspect that this is how Windows was intended to be used. You'll notice that the majority of the common shortcuts use the keys intended for the left hand (X, C, V, Z, S, W, and R for example).

That's just the way I do it, I can't speak for anyone else. So no, there is almost no time that I've gone to a directory by mouse and would find it more convenient to press enter/return than use my left hand to press the F2 key.

Damn, we've gotten into a religious debate, haven't we? I just want to say that I find this discussion very interesting, and I'm interested in how others operate their computers on this level. I've described how I use Windows, what's the feel on Macs?