Quote:
Quote:
How does one use a Mac to connect to a Windows share on the LAN?

From Finder, Command-K then type in <a href="smb://servername/sharename" target="_blank">smb://servername/sharename</a>

Command-K... I may have already said this here (I said it in some forum) but I think long time Mac users have a special part of their brain that remembers arcane keystroke combinations. It's all in the menus too but I find it interesting that the OS and user base that popularized the GUI uses so many keyboard shortcuts.

Anyway.... if you've got a share or folder on a network drive that you use a lot, the way I like to make it easily accessible is to drag it over to the lower left pane of the Finder or the right side of your dock. Then it mounts the network drive (including pulling your logon info from Keychain) when you click the folder. This is the closest in concept I've found to mapping a network share to a driver letter in Explorer.

My other Windows to Mac switcher tip is to drag the Applications folder to right side of the dock. Then you can hold a left click on the folder (or right click if you're using a real mouse) and get a Windows Start menu like launcher for your apps. You'll have to grab the Apps folder from the "Machintosh HD" root, not the alias in the left Finder pane.

X vs XP is a useful site for learning how things work differently than Windows.