The TV landscape has changed dramatically over the last few years and so too has network scheduling. It's disturbing so far as TV and entertainment go.

A few years ago I was surprised (pleasantly so) that a show like "Ed" could stay on the air. Last year I quite enjoyed the premier episodes of Tom Cavanagh's new series Love Monkey for many of the same reasons. It was yanked pretty quickly after only 3 episodes I believe. I don't think a show like "Ed" could make it on TV today.

It's as if the networks would rather just keep premiering new shows for that initial high hit of viewers. Then take it off the air and repeat. Once we all become jaded enough this is going to backfire on them.

I did a little reading and sure enough, the Monday 10PM time slot is to be filled by some reality TV garbage. NBC were apparently surprised that the audience from The Black Donnellys lead-in, Deal or No Deal, were not the same people sticking around for the show. It wouldn't have taken a genius to predict that.

Please, game shows can run from 6 to 8 but keep prime time open for prime content. Reality shows can stay on reality stations like TLC and Discovery for the most part, Amazing Race and to a lesser degree survivor being the exception - their production value is so far above anyone else's that it makes that much of a difference.