Quote:

2) The beginning of each show - I don't know what the episodes were like when they first aired, but the DVD episodes are annoying. They start off with the same wrap-up of the back-story (alla The 4400), then show you some previous scenes (which, in any show, gives obvious clues as to what's being touched on in that episode). After that you get some opening scenes, followed by the opening credits. THEN for some unknown reason they show you clips of exactly what's going to happen in that episode! What the hell is that??

The intro with the look back at previous episodes helps more as you get farther along, as they have gone back and touched on some old stuff here and there. So while most of it is likely what happened in the previous episode, as you get into the second season and beyond it will be more useful to you even watching on DVD.

The clips of what happens in the current episode has always annoyed me though, and I tend to just look away when it happens. When I was watching the last season at the Alamo Drafthouse, it made for the perfect time to pay more attention to my food then the screen.