The Dresden Files is infuriating to me. I don't know who's writing and directing that show, but it was all over the place in story, plot development, and just the basic premise.

Case in point: the creators seem undecided on how powerful they want Harry to be. For the first several episodes, he seemed able to do little more than open locks and track people. Then all of a sudden in one episode he channels lighting from the sky.

That's the kind of inconsistency I see in the show, and as I said, I think it carries over to all aspects of it. I find it even more puzzling because I recognize that this is based on a series of novels.

Regardless, I still watched every episode, and I'll watch next season if they bring it back, but I think this show has a whole mess of problems with it. I do think the lead is good in it, though.

You might want to give Supernatural another chance. I think there have been some great episodes recently. The main problem I see with that show is the insistence on casting people who are more pretty than they ought to be But hey, this is the CW we're talking about. If you can, check out episode 2x18, "Hollywood Babylon." It reminded me of that X-Files episode where Mulder and Scully go to a movie set, except that episode was terrible. And like I said, 2x17 "Heart" was very good. It's interesting to see how they could have dealt with Oz on Buffy.