Quote:
Lee Adama - maybe he gets better, and I think he's well written, but miss-cast

IMO, he gets better, but he's never as good as he ought to be, especially considering a large portion of his dramatic scenes are against Edward James Olmos. It's not as signficant when he's working against other actors on the show, depending on the actor.

Quote:
The beginning of each show

I usually fast-forward through that stuff, which is easier with a TiVo than on the DVDs, I'm sure. There's some show I watch that does this -- it might be BSG -- and sometimes in the "previously on" segments, they will show stuff that has never happened. That cracks me up. I wonder if they're scenes that were cut.

One thing that occurred to me that was less obvious than it should have been is to, rather than trying to fast-forward through a short period like that, just mute it. BSG is talking-heads enough that you can't really tell what's going on just by seeing characters converse.

As a prophylactic, don't expect it to be as good as it is for the first season throughout the entire series. There will always be off episodes in any show, no matter how good, but BSG's writing quality takes a significant dive at some point. I'm not going to tell you when, and it's not like it's terrible (again, except for a few isolated episodes here and there), but don't let yourself get set up to be as disappointed as I was when it happens.