Originally Posted By: mlord

Btw.. did you ever configure an auto comm-skip add-on into that SageTV system of yours? Curious.

Actually I haven't. I've been avoiding playing with a number of add-ons in fact, even though the machine has enough CPU to handle it all. I'm going to look at it again once Sage release their next update, version 7. At least once I know it's stable.

The default installation offers 10 second and 2:30 skip forward and back commands, so commercials are usually no big deal to pass over. Probably the main reason I haven't done anything with comskip (which needs to transcode the full recording afaik).

Oh, and speaking of free TV... I can't believe it but I just downloaded last night's episode of Bitches Love Money. Err, The Bachelor. Obviously (obviously I said!) for the wife.

For some reason Sage always schedules things to record off the Canadian OTA channels when it can unless I restrict the favorite to specific channels. And last night, my City-TV (51-1) seems to have disappeared. Though instead of "no-signal" sage seems to just tune some other channel instead. So we ended up with one hour of the CTS (Christian Television).