Originally Posted By: hybrid8
Heroes sucked because they didn't develop a single character. Everyone just went around in a little random circles and it seems each season (actually multiple times per season) character bios/histories were abandoned and ignored. It was a series of endless little reboots which made it a pain to watch and eventually led people like me to simply not give a damn about any character. The first season being a 10, every other season was sub-4...

I'm not trying to be argumentative when I ask this, I'm really curious, but how was the first season different from all the others when it comes to the points you just made? Like I said, I agree with those, and they're what make the show a failure to me as well.

Perhaps I should have said that I thought the last season was good compared to the others. I know we'd still disagree, because I disliked the first season too, but I'd never claim the last season was better than other shows.

At the end of the day, Heroes has absolutely nothing to say. I thinks it does, as is evidenced by all the pretentious narrations we get from it, but in the end it's empty. Perhaps they know that once they actually touch any real meaning, they'll just be mining territory that's already been covered.

Anyway, it is funny that we're having a heated agreement. In the end, I think we'll both be dropping the show. I recognize my own weakness is that I think the show is bad but I keep watching it because it's about superheroes (except that nobody does anything heroic except for Peter for a few episodes).

It's the same with Smallville. That show is just plain bad, and has been for a long time. But I watch because it's Superman. Nevermind that watching the show is like...well...you know that feeling before you sneeze, that sometimes doesn't result in a sneeze, and you're like "crap, I really wanted to sneeze there." Watching Smallville is like that feeling all the time. The show has done everything in their power to keep Clark from becoming Superman, but they're running out of ways/reasons to hold him back.

Heh, sorry for the tortured analogy smile