Happy Town was a critical failure, and sounded like a Twin Peaks rip-off. To be honest, I didn't watch it (I had no interest), but it certainly didn't win many people over other than you.

Flashforward, I'm sorry to say, was just boring to me. My wife and I simply gave up on it, and I simply don't give up on shows after 6 or 8 episodes (after all, I'm still watching the awful Smallville). I think we got a week behind, and the idea of watching two episodes of that show in a row basically turned us off the show entirely. It might have gotten better but we put a lot of time into it and it not only bored us but we were actively pissed off at some of the people on it. Like the main couple who was supposed to split up? They knew they were supposed to split up in the future, knew they could prevent it, and then proceeded to still go down that path. So why would I root for them? Ugh, whatever, I just don't care about that show.

There's two other cancellations you didn't mention:

Scrubs - this was mercy. My wife and I watched the first episode of the "new" show, and it was just awful and forced. The showrunner had moved on to another show, and even when the old cast showed up the jokes were recycled, the call-backs were forced, and the new cast was annoying.

Better Off Ted - THIS one I'm sad about. I hadn't tried it out until Bitt mentioned it to me. The first season of this show is fantastic. I felt the second season was trying a little too hard, but it was still funnier than any of those boring sitcoms they keep trotting out, and far more original.

My favorite show, Supernatural, had its season finale. As much as it pains me to say this, I kind of wish they'd wrapped up the story this season. They could have done it easily, and it would have made for a great close to the story. Perhaps I can't see where they're headed next season, but I'd be surprised if it didn't feel like they were stretching it out. Of course, I can't be upset about getting more of my current favorite show. But frankly, I could even see the show ending right where it did, and it would be one of the saddest endings to a show I've ever seen.

Edited by Dignan (18/05/2010 01:23)