I just started watching Being Human and so far I'm enjoying it. I'm part-way through episode two right now, having watched both the premiere and episode one last weekend.

What rubbed me totally the wrong way however were the changes made to the cast between the pilot and the series main production run. Two of the three main characters were recast and re-typed. It's unfortunate, because the original actors were better in pretty much every respect. The pilot also had a slightly darker feel to it and I've been thinking all week that the show went from being "Fringe" to being "Friends" - both good shows in my opinion, but a different flavour. Not the best analogy, but the feel is just more comedy/polished.

The two main replacement cast are far more "pretty" than their predecessors, so at first I thought they were trying to pretty up the whole show. But the character of Herrick went from an attractive black male to a rather pudgy ordinary looking white guy, so that theory isn't necessarily the motivation. Anyway, I do feel that the those two main characters lost a lot of depth and personality in the change-over. Much more clichéd caricatures now.

Keeping my fingers crossed that the cast grows on me, but so far the vampire character Mitchell just comes off as somewhat of a douche bag. Unlike in the pilot.