I do think it's fair. When all of his movies have the same problems, he can't blame anyone but himself, particularly when he's the writer AND the director. Apparently people who are new to the story didn't have a clear idea what was going on. I find this laughably hilarious, as anyone who watches the show knows that they clearly and succinctly wrap up the entire back story before every single episode. But apparently this was just a muddled mess, hated by fans and critics, now sitting with an 8% on Rottentomatoes and a 20 at Metacritic, which similar feedback from viewers.

Furthermore, while the effects in the trailers looked amazing, I've seen more clips on review shows (like At the Movies), and I have to say that the more I see the less good it looks. It really looks super cheesy at times.

Oh, and I forgot the biggest offense of the film: apparently the name "Momo" isn't uttered once in the whole thing.

*edit*
I'll talk about Justified in the other TV thread, since it has more current TV stuff in it smile This thread has devolved into a two-way conversation about a movie it looks like nobody else cares about, and even the title of the thread has changed smile

Edited by Dignan (04/07/2010 14:49)