Perfect, found that someone else wrote precisely what I was feeling about Being Human Pilot versus Series. Even though I'm still enjoying the series after 2 episodes, I would have infinitely preferred to have it directly follow the pilot versus the re-imagining we're left with.

Click to reveal..
I LOVED the pilot, but am left cold by the series. Guy Flanagan and Andrea Riseborough were FAR superior in the roles of Mitchell and Annie. The pilot showed real promise as a unique and dark series with great character interaction and the possibility of becoming a true cult hit. I was appalled by the cast changes in the 1st episode. While Flanagan could express the right combination of old world dignity and somber humor (as is clearly the hoped for combination in a vampire), Turner is as introspective as an underwear model and as deep and worldly as a frat boy. Turner is bubbly and extroverted, hardly seeming to be engaged in any kind of internal struggle, much less one that involves maintaining a flagging connection to humanity. This is what happens when the "powers that be" think beefcake aimed at the lowest common denominator is preferable to the kind of quality that would appeal to a more discerning audience. Lenora Crichlow takes Riseborough 's plucky, acerbic Annie and turns her into a pep squad airhead. Long gone is the amusing friction between George and Annie as they try to adjust to living with each other in this odd mixture. Now everyone gets along like gangbusters. Mitchell even HUGS George as he heads off to the isolation room in the hospital basement. Seriously??? These two are now more "in touch with each other's FEELINGS" than a couple of old maid new age life coaches. Sadly, the unsavory changes didn't end with the staff. The darker tone of this show that distinguished it from being mere adolescent fodder has been stripped in favor of a lighter, less complex story that is more easily digestible to the masses. Man, what a colossal disappointment after that fantastic pilot to be subjected to such a mediocre follow up.

Source: Ishmoo It's amusing to read some of the opinions of a few folks who actually prefer the series to the pilot... Especially the reply directly after the one I quoted. Doh. Twat.