Originally Posted By: peter
Originally Posted By: DWallach
this graph

"Wow! Three times as good as a Treo 750!"

Except it's not, of course. Even if it's too much to ask for error bars on this sort of graph (the Iphone's lead over the Samsung appears to be about three minutes in five-and-a-half hours: is their testing really accurate to the nearest 1%?), surely it's not rocket science to start the graph at the origin?

I think statisticians are like Empegs: most of the people who direly need one, don't even know it...

I hear you. I was going to say exactly that before I read your email. That sorting of graphing is clearly misleading to people who don't recognise that kind of twisting of results.

Originally Posted By: Dignan
Honestly, I still don't understand why an entire day isn't long enough for most people. Here's a simple idea: put a charger by your bed.

Because it would be nice to go away for the weekend and not have to remember the charger - or go away for work (particularly with a business oriented phone) for just 2 days (i.e. one overnight stay) without having to remember the charger etc

At least a number of the newer ones can charge from USB allowing charging from laptop (another charger to remember)

I can do without 7 days standby (which I used to get on my 6230 sans 3G, sans email checking etc), but I'd like to see 2 to 3 days with some use as a target for battery life.

5 hours simply doesn't cut it although that is solid use. The problem is they cram so many features in you use them more and more resulting in less and less battery life.

I guess the question is: "Is the extra 3G speed inversely proportional to the battery life. i.e. you do more stuff in a shorter time so need less battery life..."
#40104192 120Gb (no longer in my E36 M3, won't fit the E46 M3)