Is anyone getting connection issues?

It seems to come and go, I think on local signal strength. Sometimes the phone just isn't useable and several times this weekend I was unable to hold a conversation as the phone would just drop the call over and over again. My other o2 phone seemed to be ok.

I have seen a couple of reports in other places of this, but it's really hard to get it to repeat. Sometimes it's fine ???

I am assuming this could also be the source of my email problems. Would I be right in thinking a break in the 3G network could cause the email app to hang, or at least take a while to pick the connection back up?

Battery life also truly sucks, even with WiFi, bluetooth and 3G turned off I only got half a weekend of standby time out of it this last weekend (no access to a charger) and this is with very little use. I am beginning to think I have got the runt of the litter here, there just seems to be too many things not quite right with this unit. I must get myself down to that Apple Store!

Still love it though, when it works the email is great, and having Safari in my pocket is just great I find myself using it for all sorts.

New niggle - The person who decided to put that switch at the top left of the phone needs a smack smile It's just too easy to knock the phone into silent mode in your pocket. Can I disable it's use anywhere ???

Another niggle - When you update your apps (when it prompts you) it rearranges your icons on your home screen. Annoying!

Also, who decided an iPhone case has to cost £30 ??? (I know there are cheaper options, but the ones you can buy in the shops all seem to be about that).

Cheers

Cris.