Originally Posted By: robricc
I bought my 3G at the Apple store. It had an odd problem where the home button would be very difficult to press when the dock connector was attached. After 3 weeks of ownership, I decided it bothered me enough to make an appointment at the Genius Bar. The tatted-up pierced dude behind the counter verified my complaint and swapped my phone for a new one on the spot without my asking.

That, my friends, is excellent customer service.

Ditto.

I ordered my 3G the day they were available to order online from O2, it (should have) arrived on launch day (but the delivery bloke couldn't be bothered to, so he took it back to the depot without even attempting to deliver - so I collected the next day). After a couple of days the accelerometer failed, I phone O2, spoke to the monkeys who told me to try everything that I'd already tried before speaking to them, they then transferred me to Apple.

Apple told me to make an appointment with the genius bar at my local store (luckily Cambridge has just got an Apple store due to the posh new shopping arcade), took it in, they verified that the phone was faulty and replaced it there and then, the phone hadn't even come from them!

Adrian