Originally Posted By: tfabris
Originally Posted By: Cris
The case is annoying me, the right hand side is fine, a smooth tactile finish, but the left side of the phone is not put together correctly, this is really annoying me now, I notice it every time I touch the device. I am thinking about returning it, but it feels a little petty doing that.

I don't know how the retail stores for the phones work in the UK, but here in the US, it's a very painless process. You make an appointment at the Genius Bar, walk in at the appointed time, and walk out 10 minutes later with a new phone.

If there is an obvious defect in the casing, I wouldn't have the slightest hesitation doing it. The company *expects* people to return items with defects. They know that they can't make 100 percent of them perfect. And when there *are* defects in the field, they want to know about them so they can make their assembly and quality control procedures better.

In other words, there's nothing petty about returning a product like that. Don't think twice.

I second this; the product should not have cosmetic imperfections. Take it to an Apple store and ensure you examine the replacement before you accept it - I've had preproduction units with sharp bezel edges on one side and they're not nice to use.

I know it's not very english to complain about small cosmetic details, but do it. I'm getting better at it now I've been here a couple of years smile

Hugo