Originally Posted By: wfaulk
Don't get a Blackberry. They suck. I'll go into more detail if you'd like.

I'd like if you did. Every time I go into a cell phone store, the sales folk own Blackberrys (Blackberries?) and tell me how great they are. But they've never been able to tell me why other than saying they're "bulletproof". It appears that "bulletproof" also can mean "hard to customize" to keep the CEO from your company from messing up his phone too much. I'm guessing that it's set up so that Enterprise users can have pretty standardized equipment to make the tech support sane. My cousin does the Blackberry support for a division of Seimens and is always getting sent to a big wig's office in order to set a custom wallpaper or ringtone. wink

I even tried doing a Google search on "What makes the Blackberry so special" to find out why some people are so loyal. Didn't find much other than spec's on phones. I'm not a heavy user of text messages and I'm not looking for a new phone to do corporate work.

What I am looking for:
WiFi internet browsing. (Blogs, news, weather, web mail, shopping.) Flash would be nice, but not critical.
Integration with PC address book and calendar.
Mp3 player that will resume within 30+ minute podcasts after a phone call or after several hours of taking a break.