I suppose those graphs are all about talk time. What they should well have measured with the iPhone is talk time on GSM vs. 3G, since they're quite different. For that matter, if they truly wanted to do apples-to-apples, they'd have to make sure they were the same physical distance from the cellular towers.

Meanwhile, my iPhone is continuing to impress. It's nice that they got little details right (e.g., when I was listening to music and a call came in, the phone faded out the music before playing my ringtone). So far, the only problem I'm having is that it refuses to connect to our 802.1x wireless at work (i.e., I put in my username and password and it just sits and spins). The Enterprise Deployment Guide talks about an "iPhone Configuration Utility" that you can run (available here).

This is a fun little utility. For eample, you can read the syslogs on your iPhone and see all the access points that you've bumped into. It has a notion of "configuration profiles", which my employer would presumably configure for me. (The Help Desk responded saying "come on over and we'll get it working for you.")