So after a week of use, here are the high a low lights...

A cool feature is that if you remove the headphone from the jack the player pauses. This means you don't have to unlock the screen to pause if you have finished listening.

The GPS and maps is a triumph! I used it today to find a post office in York, it will be a very useful feature in future!

The sound quality is pretty good, my ears are used to the Karma after many years but I think this will be the way I listen to music on the go from now. I don't find I need the eq, it sounds good and rounded as it is.

I love the apps store, amazing idea. Great mix of apps already.

The screen quality is amazing.

Unfortunately most of the negative points relate to email, the main reason I opted for the iPhone. No Spam filter on the phone as there is in Mail in OSX, I didn't realise just how much spam gets through my isp's filter. It doesn't update very well, the "push" features of me just don't work for me. The software seems to lock in "checking mail" and the only way I can get it to get new mail is a full power cycle, it feels like I am using windows mobile again! I assume these are just bugs.

Also all my apps stopped working all of a sudden, I had to wait until I got home and remove and re install them all. A blip I am sure.

The case is annoying me, the right hand side is fine, a smooth tactile finish, but the left side of the phone is not put together correctly, this is really annoying me now, I notice it every time I touch the device. I am thinking about returning it, but it feels a little petty doing that.

WiFi signal strength is just as good as any other device I have, but the mobile signal is shocking, I find it hard to use the phone in Leeds centre as it breaks up all the time. I also find o2 data throughput on 3G shockingly bad. I am assuming this is all an O2 problem?

I miss an led or something like on my blackberry, it would be great to have a pulse led that lets you know you have email etc... waiting.

Overall I think it is quite an amazing device, it all comes together in the apps store for me. I feel I have made a good choice in the iPhone, and I am sure that the bugs will be ironed out in future updates.

Cheers

Cris.